Welcome to the FBWN
Our Member of the Month for August 2016 is Cath Brearley.
To let you know a bit more about Cath, Maggie asked her some questions about herself:
- Who is your hero/heroine? It has to be my mum! She is an amazing lady and has guided me into the person I am today.
- Favourite music? A difficult one. I don't have a favourite but music tastes range from Mozart to Metallica, Gypsy Jazz to Blues.
- What was the defining moment for you in your business? I haven't really been going long enough to have a defining moment but I suppose it would be the moment I stopped panicking about if I was doing the right thing!!
- What's been your biggest milestone so far? I don't think I've really ever set myself any milestones, that way you don't get disappointed if you don't reach them. I'm a live 'day to day, kind of girl'! Saying that, I'm proud of myself that I have got to where I am today, on my own.
- Best holiday you've ever had? Back packing across Botswana with my dad. He goes out there regularly to record the traditional music of the bushmen, so i had an expert guide. Amazing experience that I remember like it was yesterday, not 23yrs ago!!
- What is your hidden talent? Playing the violin and singing at the same time whilst balancing on a ball! Ok,maybe not, but I do play the violin! I could try the above though and fail miserably on Britains got Talent, for a laugh!
To read all about previous Members of the Month Click Here
The Forest Business Women's Network aims to support and promote local businesses run by women entrepreneurs, whether those businesses are new or established, large or small.
Meetings are held on a monthly basis, and can include networking, workshops and guest speakers, as well as occasional extra events. Guests are always welcome to come along to a meeting, the £9 fee includes tea/coffee and pastries. All meetings allow time for conversation and mingling, which members find extremely useful.
FBWN differs from many other groups in that we are not a franchise, and committee members are all volunteers. This means that we can keep the annual membership fee low, and all monies paid are reinvested into the group.
If you would like additional information or advice please contact FBWN's Secretary, Maggie Mortimer by email or by phoning 01594 542578 or complete our Contact Form.
Our Next Meeting : 15th September 2016
We meet at The Pavilion, Forest Holidays Forest of Dean, Bracelands Dr, Christchurch, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 7NN
Date : Thursday, 15th September 2016
Main Event : 09:00 - 11:00
This month the speaker will be Charlotte Greenman who will be will be gently introducing us to social media.
Guests are welcome - £9.00 per meeting until you join.